Monday, October 8, 2007

True Love and Tiny Beers

Dropkick Murphys came out with a new album. They really got back to their roots. There's three traditional songs, and everything has an undeniable punk flavor to it. I'm a huge fan.

There's a few songs on there about hanging out with your buddies and getting into trouble. That makes me miss Bricker and Mauricio to a huge degree. It makes me miss Bricker too. We don't hang out as much as we used to. We both spend too much time on girls. That's growing up though.

There's a couple other songs about love, and specifically, love not working out the way you want it to work out. That makes me miss Jenny a lot. I spent a whole lot of time, money and effort on her. Notice, I said spent, not wasted, and that was a conscious decision. She broke my heart, but she's still one of the best girls I've ever seen. And I'm glad we still talk even if it hurts sometimes.

Jimmy having a baby and getting married really throws me for a loop. I want to do that some day, but in the other order. I think Mauricio would tell me my biological clock is ticking. Fuck you, Mauricio.

Anyway. Sorry for the infrequency of the posts and the less than comic quality of the writing. The last time Jenny and I broke up it did something. I can't write anything that's worthy of people seeing.

Guess I lost my Muse, right Babe?

Anyway. Love you guys. All of you. Here's a picture.

That's right. 3 inches of pure pleasure. No, not Bricker, it's a Baby Guinness. My mom made Kahlua in our pantry. Yeah, my mom's hard core. She made moonshine. So I poured the Kahlua most of the way off the shot glass, then I layered some Brady's Irish Cream (better than Baily's) on the top. I think I'm awesome because I can layer drinks. Anyway, here's me drinking said mixological masterpiece.

Slainte.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you naked, Sai?

Robbery_Joe said...

Rodrigo, why do you always have to question me. What's the point of having a friggen robot if it's going to question you all the time?

Robbery_Joe said...

Shut up! You two aren't even real. Why don't you comment on something cool like my slam against Bricker?

Robbery_Joe said...

It was a slam. It's okay if it's a slam.

Anonymous said...

Jimmy is huge.

Anonymous said...

Multiple personalities...aren't they a bitch?

Anonymous said...

We aren't multiple personalities...

Robbery_Joe said...

They aren't multiple personalities.

Anonymous said...

Then...what are they? They're all coming from the same person and they're all different (personalities). Explain that.

Robbery_Joe said...

That was a Fight Club reference...Dumb ass.

Anonymous said...

It wasn't an EXACT reference. If you had said, "He fell down some stairs." Followed by:
"I fell down some stairs." then it would have been a Fight Club reference.
There is no need for name calling, pal. You're a freakin' weird kid, but I like you...

Robbery_Joe said...

Had I said the exact line, it would have been a quote, being as I didn't, it was a reference, an allusion.

Thanks, I'm not sure I like you so much, Anonymous. Non-Identities mostly just piss me off.

Anonymous said...

Let's not get caught up in technicalities.

Non-identities can be fun. Don't be so prude about it.

Get to know me a little better and maybe the "non-identity" thing can go away. What do you say? I will only hand over my personal e-mail address if you say yes.

Robbery_Joe said...

Well, curiosity killed the cat, but I can't be accused of being prudish.

So...Yes?

Anonymous said...

K.ackart@yahoo.com

My name is Kelly. Drop me a line and tell me a little more about yourself. :)

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.